Q. I am trying to find a qualitative research article
I am trying to find a qualitative research article related to a health care topic. I am having trouble finding an article, most seem to be quantitative articles. If you could provide me with some tips on how to find some qualitative articles that would be great.
CINAHL (the nursing database) and MEDLINE (for biomedical) both have the option to search just for qualitative research. There's a couple steps:
- Go to the database you need - CINAHL for nursing questions MEDLINE for biomedical
- At the top of the search page in the blue bar click on either CINAHL Headings or MeSH respectively.
- In the new search box, type in qualitative and hit browse
- Select qualitative studies from the list by clicking in the box to the left, then select Explode and hit the big green Search Database button.
- This will pull up all the qualitative articles in the database. You can use the second search box to narrow to your topic.
Was this helpful? 0 0